Labels allow us to collect additional data about respondents, which we know before the survey begins (eg name and surname, e-mail, telephone, department, work experience, position, etc.). Thanks to them, in the analysis we can use this data to filter the results and, for example, see results only for respondents in a given position or a specific department of our company. Additionally, labels can be inserted dynamically into the content of the questionnaire, so that each of the respondents at the beginning see, for example, a greeting „Please evaluate the cooperation of EXPOL with our company”, where Expol is the name taken dynamically from the label.
Contacts, on the other hand, is a kind of address book. Once created, it can be used repeatedly in all of your research. You don’t have to upload new contacts every time you create a new survey. What’s more, there is the possibility of sharing contacts into groups (eg employees of company X, employees of company Y or managers or specialists). Before you import your contacts from a file or add them manually, take a moment to think about it and create labels that will describe each contact.
The following article describes the configuration of tokens for later emailing via the Startquestion mechanism. If you want to distribute tokens in a different way (eg print or download export to a mail merge), we invite you to read an article explaining the export of tokens.
How to define contact labels
- To define labels for your contacts, go to the „Contacts” tab (1).
- Then click on the option „Add contact labels” (2).
- After completing the above steps, a window will appear with an empty field for entering the label name. For example, the section Department (3) has been entered below.
- After entering the label, select „Save” (4) or „Close” (5) in order to discontinue its creation.
- When you save the label, it will be added to the label bar below the option to add ii (6).
- You can add up to 15 labels – to do this, repeat all the steps described above to add each defined label.
- You can also edit or delete the entered label after adding it to the list. To do this, select the pencil icon located on the label of each of the defined contact labels (7).
- After selecting the above option, a window will appear with the previously entered name of the label you want to change. (8)
- You can also remove the selected label completely from the entire list of labels. (9)
- Once you decide what you intend to do to „Save” (10) your changes, or discontinue their editing with the „Cancel” option (11).
How to add contacts which are divided into groups?
- First, go to the „Contacts” tab (1).
- In case your contacts come from various sources and you would like the exported results to show which of the respondents completed the survey, you can divide your labels into few different groups.
- To do this, select the option „Add group” (2).
- Then you will see on the screen a window with an empty field for entering your group’s name, let’s assume that it will be, for example, „Company X” (3).
- You can save your group (4), or abandon its creation at this stage by clicking „Close” (6).
- When you decide to save the group, you will gain access to the menu in which you will be able to manage it.
- Here you can see the name of your group (1). You can change it as needed to manage another group (8). You can also delete the group (7).
- It is possible to add a completely new group (9). With the help of the arrows (10) you can expand the list with the names of created groups.
- In the next part of the group management menu, you decide how to add a mail contact with labels to your group: you enter it manually (11), copy a contact from another group (12) or import from a file (13).
- No matter how you added your contact, you can delete it – just remember to mark it first.
- If you choose the „Enter manually” option, the window will appear on the screen, with empty ready labels to describe by you – they refer to such information as: e-mail, first name, last name, telephone number, position, department. Everything except email is your contact label (15).
- Depending on your needs, you can add labels (16), or you can end adding them (17)
- When you decide to import contact labels from a ready, previously prepared file, check whether its design meets the requirements – the window shown below will be displayed after selecting the „Import from file” option – the file must be constructed as described below so that its imports run without the slightest difficulty.
- If you import a contact label, you can define it in any way. However, remember that the cells in the file you created, in the first row, reflect the labels in the contact list table. You can also define labels by importing a ready file containing a list of contacts. In such a file, the first row of each column will be the label name of the column. Remember: defining labels in this way is possible only if you don’t have any contacts added to the survey’s distribution list.
- When you have read the exact instructions for creating a file with contact labels and your file is ready to be imported under the window with the description and instructions for creating the file, select the „Choose file” option (18) and determine the direct path of the file’s location.
- After selecting the appropriate file, select „Add” to finalize your import (19), or Cancel (20) when you want to cancel the import.
Worth to remember:
- The more labels we create, the more non-declarative information we will have about the respondent. This data can be later used during even more detailed analysis of the survey results.
- If the contact list contains any e-mail address, the label names must remain unchanged. To change the label name, delete all contacts from the list.
- Labels can be easily changed by removing all contacts and then importing a new file with contacts and new label names.