The selection of an appropriate test method depends on many factors, such as the size of the test sample, the time for its implementation, the methods used, the tools or the purpose of the study. In the case of the need to conduct a survey on a large number of respondents, the quantitative method will be the most useful.
What are the advantages of quantitative research and where are they used?
This method of research is aimed at providing given situations or occurrence specific measures. They are used in cases of searching for answers to basic questions, such as: How much? What? When? The basic purpose of quantitative methods is:
- verification of possessed knowledge and data,
- study of the frequency of occurrence of given occurrence, distribution of responses and opinions,
- quick and efficient analysis,
- verification of the hypotheses set at the beginning of the study.
The results of quantitative research are analyzed using statistical or mathematical methods.
The use of quantitative research is virtually unlimited – thanks to them we can get information on, among others, images of the brand, profile of clients or potential customers, consumer behavior, attitudes towards given products or services. During the research, we are looking for specific data on our situation, but we refer the results to the entire surveyed population.
This type of research can be carried out using a variety of techniques, such as:
- questionnaires in the form of a surveys,
- direct interviews,
- CAWI (online surveys),
- telephone interviews and postal surveys.