After constructing the questionnaire, it is worth checking it in terms of the correct order of questions or pages, catching „typos” and other errors. It is also worth checking the content of questions and the correctness of redirections between pages or responses. It is also a great opportunity to look at the created sheet from the perspective of the respondent.
The test completing in the questionnaire allows to avoid errors and imperfections of the survey created, proving the researcher’s professionalism.
How do you finally check the correctness of my survey?
1. After completing the questionnaire creation (ie after adding all the questions, ordering their order, redirects between them, etc.), click Create (1), and then Test completion in the right upper corner (2) – this will open the created sheet.
2. Complete the questionnaire (it is necessary to mark all responses that were marked as required responses when creating the survey) and click Send.
3. To return to the edition of the current survey in order to correct errors caught while completing, click the „My Surveys” link located above the main menu of the site, and then go to the Create tab.
4. Correct the places where you made a mistake.
Worth to remember:
- After the test completing of the survey, the results collected in this way are not recorded in the aggregated results of the survey or individual sheets.
- Validation is a very important procedure because it allows you to avoid mistakes and increase the friendliness of the survey for the respondents.
- Validation of the questionnaire should be carried out before the collection of results begins, however, we can do this also when the survey is active, and after the results are collected (if we would like to use the survey in subsequent surveys, for example).
- Only the person logged in to the management panel can perform the test completing. If you want to send a survey poll to a third party, you must send a link to the survey. (Here we explained you how).