Startquestion platform is a solution not only for creating online questionnaires, but above all for advanced analysis of research results. Trends are another feature that allows you to create even more accurate and tailored analyzes. They allow the presentation of research results from three types of questions: NPS, assessment type questions and single-choice matrices, in three time dimensions: weekly, monthly and quarterly.
How to create trends
1. In the selected survey on the Startquestion user account, go to the Results (1) tab, then Trends (2).
2. To create a new trend, click on the center of the screen (4). We can also choose one of the already existing trends – if we have created some for a given survey before (3).
3. When creating a new trend, give it a name and decide on two parameters: the dimension (weekly, monthly or quarterly) and the question to be used for the statement.
4. By clicking: Create a trend, if you choose the NPS question, we generate a table and a graph containing a list of critics, neutral responses and promoters. Each table column (critics, neutral, NPS score, number of completions) can be sorted freely using the arrows next to the column name.
The above example shows the weekly trend. You can also create a trend based on assessment questions and single-choice matrix questions.
Where they contain only one row, the columns shall contain the following indicators: percentage of highest grade, two highest marks, lowest mark and two lowest marks, average of answers and number of fillings. However, if we are dealing with more rows (as like on the example above), then the columns of the table present the next ones, and in each cell only the average rating is presented.
In addition, as you can see above, creating a trend based on a question or matrix type data will be presented in the form of a line graph, which in the case of one row on the X axis presents the individual values of the trend dimension, and on the Y axis the average of the answers in the question. When we deal with more rows, the data will also be presented as a line chart containing charts for all the rows analyzed. By clicking on the legend, we can hide and show selected graphs for clarity of analysis.
Worth to remember
- You can only create a trend if your survey has a Net Promoter Score, Rating or Matrix Single Choice questions!
- Trends are useful for anyone who wants to track a change in responses given over time – to find out the reason for sharp declines or to be able to predict customer behavior in the future.
- It is possible to add a created trend to a report – both new and existing ones.
- The trend dimension can be changed at any time (from week to quarter etc.). Users can do this from the editing panel
- For trends with multiple rows, keep in mind that at the same time a maximum of 5 rows can be analyzed.